What's new in CLZ Books for Android?
Here it is, version 6.0 of the CLZ Books mobile app!
In this major update, we finally bring you THE most requested feature: being able to Edit Multiple Books in one go. But there’s more, as we took this opportunity to completely re-design the Edit Book screen and to implement super useful Crop and Rotate tools for book cover images.
Here’s the full list of what’s new in version 6.0:
NEW: Edit Multiple Books in one go!
Finally make changes to multiple (or all) book entries in one go.
- Tap and hold on a book in the list to enter Select Mode
- Now tap more books to select them.
- Tap the menu button on the bottom right and choose “Edit [x] Books”.
- In the screen tap appears, select which fields you want to edit.
(Tips: use the search box to find fields, tap the heart icons to set Favorite fields)
- Tap Edit at the top right.
- Now set values, or leave fields gray to clear them.
- Tap Done at the top right to save the changes to the selected books.
Warning: the Edit Multiple feature is a very useful and powerful features, but… remember what Uncle Ben said: With great power comes great responsibility!
IMPROVED: Edit Book screen
A new look for all edit boxes and a more compact layout, making it much easier to edit your book entries, without scrolling through long lists of fields.
- The cover image is now on its own tab, so the main tab starts with the most important edit fields at the top.
- Fields are now laid out side-by-side, making it easier to edit all fields without endless scrolling.
- More compact look and user interface for all text edit fields.
- More compact display and editing of multi-value pick list fields like Authors, Genres, Subjects and Tags.
- Date fields: enter year, month day manually or use calendar icon to use date setter popup.
NEW: Built-in Crop and Rotate tool for cover images
In the Edit Book screen the Cover is now on its own tab, with new Crop and Rotate tools for instant rotating and cropping of self-made cover photos or downloaded images.
IMPROVED: Folder Field selection screen
Yep, another update of this screen, to make it fully consistent with the Select Edit Fields screen.
It now includes a search box at the top for quickly finding the field you want, plus the ability to create your own Favorites (just tap the heart icons).