What's new in Book Connect?
A big project our web-dev team has been focused on the past few months is making our Connect web-based software available into other languages. A huge project that consists of:
- Making the software translatable, basically ensuring that ALL UI text is retrieved from a translation database.
- Creating a nice and easy web-based CMS tool that translators can log in to and translate text, preview in Connect, etc…
- Doing the actual translations of all UI texts.
And today we can finally show the first results: Connect is now available in Dutch!
Of course, with CLZ being located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Dutch was the obvious choice for the first “other” language for Connect. Simply because we could do the translation ourselves 🙂
To switch your Connect software to Dutch:
- Click the menu icon top left to open the menu.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu.
- Then in the Settings screen, under Localization, set the Application Language to “Nederlands”.
More language choices will be made available soon!