This is CLZ Alwin. After a crazy Black Friday Sale, everything’s quieting down here again Thank you all for renewing or extending your Update Plans!
(tip: watch your inbox for news on further holiday season deals)
These are this month’s releases:
- New Collectorz.com shop at Shop.CLZ.com
- New MyCLZ site at My.CLZ.com
- Book Collector and CLZ Books: Dealing with “Unrecognized ISBNs”
- New Add screens for iOS editions of the CLZ mobile apps
- Entering/editing track lists in CLZ Music
Nowadays, most CLZ projects are related to Core, Cloud and Connect, so it’s about time we extended our web-dev team. This month we welcomed two new junior web-developers, Eline and Joe, which brings the CLZ team to 12 people!
A perfect example of a huge web project, completed this month: CLZ Cloud syncing of your track lists, of course resulting in updates of all our music cataloging tools, for desktop, mobile and web.
If you’re using Music Collector and CLZ Music, these are must-have updates!
All topics for today:
- Eline and Joe have joined our web-development team
- Music Collector + CLZ Music: Cloud Sync your own track lists!
- Book Collector for Windows: Easily add books that come up as “Unrecognized ISBN”
- Movie Collector for Mac: more improvements to Add Automatically screen.
- Search-As-You-Type suggestions for movies/comics/games now live in more apps
This is CLZ Alwin, writing to you from sunny Italy. Sytske and I are on a 7-day road trip in the the Dolomites, in the north-east of Italy.
Here’s a picture of us in our temporary “office”
So… I’ll keep it short today. Here’s the news for September 2016:
- The new “Material” look and feel is now live for all Android apps!
- Comic Collector: Search-As-You-Type suggestions for adding comics By Title.
- All Mac editions now macOS Sierra compatible.
At the CLZ HQ, the vacation period is over, so we’re back on track. A stream of cool new releases has already started, with many more to come:
- Movie Collector 16.4 (PC) / 16.1 (Mac): a quicker way to add movies by title.
- CLZ Books 4.3 for Android: a new “Material” look, plus Light and Dark skins.
- Coming up for iOS: complete re-design/re-build of the Add from Core screen.
- The FAQ’s this month.
At the CLZ HQ, we are in the middle of the holiday season. Most CLZ team members are having a few weeks off these months, one after the other mostly. However, with a bit of planning, we’re still managing to make good progress in all areas.
These days, the focus is on mobile (iOS and Android) and on the new “Search As You Type” for movie title searches. So not surprisingly, these are the main topics for today.
Next to that, I am introducing a new recurring newsletter section: The FAQ’s this month.
- Now live, v4.2 for Android and iOS: Manage Pick Lists, Edit SortNames and more.
- Try it live now: Search-as-you-type suggestions for movie titles.
- The FAQ’s this month.
Users often ask us:
“Yes, I know I am on an old version, but why would I upgrade, what’s the advantage?”
Here’s the 3 main reasons for keeping your Collectorz.com software up-to-date:
It’s now almost 3 years since we introduced our Update Plan system for software updates of our desktop versions. But sadly, we still get confused emails about Update Plans on a daily basis.
So I thought I’d list the 5 most common Update Plan misunderstandings, with clarifications for each one, hoping that we can finally clear them up once and for all.
All our software editions (online, desktop and mobile) revolve around two important online services: CLZ Core and CLZ Cloud. Which means that many new software features start with months and months of preparation by our web-development team.
At the moment, our web guys have two of these “preparation” projects going on, both preparing for a future feature, one for the music editions only (track list syncing!), one that will make adding new entries much quicker (search-as-you-type). Read about both below…
The news topic today:
- Now live: v16.3 for all Windows versions, with Skins and a Quick Filter Panel.
- Coming up: Manage Pick Lists screen for all mobile apps.
- Preparing: Track list editing and syncing for CLZ Music and Music Connect.
- Preparing: Search-as-you-type in all Add screens.
CLZ Alwin here, with the CLZ News for May 2016.
This month we saw great progress in some areas, but delays in others:
A nice feature update for iOS, but some technical difficulties on Android, causing delays in getting the same features out for droid fans. (we did add the requested No-Limits packs for both though!).
An improved Core search engine for movies (now live in all movie editions), but further delays in launching the new v16.3 versions for Windows.
Here’s what’s live and what’s cooking:
- Live: Better Add By Title searches for movies.
- Live: Easier editing and Field Defaults for the iOS apps.
- Live: new “No Limits” purchase option for all iOS and Android apps.
- Cooking: Quick Filter panel + Light vs Dark Skin options for the Windows programs.
This is Alwin, of Collectorz.com, with this month’s CLZ Newsletter.
April was a quiet month, that is, in terms of big releases. However, at the CLZ HQ it has not been quiet at all, as we’re working on some great updates, all to be released within the next 4 weeks:
- Windows editions: Quick Filter panel + Light vs Dark Skin options
- iOS apps: Field Defaults screen + Re-designed Edit screens.
- Android apps: new folder options.
- Core : improved “Add by Title” searches for all editions.
- [CLZ News] Manage your software on the new My.CLZ.com
- [CLZ News] Track list syncing for music / 2 new CLZ team members
- [CLZ News] Material for Android / Comic search improvements / macOS Sierra
- [CLZ News] We’re on a roll, lots of releases coming up!
- [CLZ News] v4.2 for Android + iOS / Try our new movie search tool